Monday, October 13, 2014

Crap Music (with hope!)

I need help. I need to understand. It's so confusing.

Why is what's being played on radios nowadays being considered "music"? Can anyone truly answer this? Now I'm not saying that everything single song being played on radio is crap, but it is a very high percentage. And it's not genre-specific either. Rap, pop, R&B, rock. Crap. Lots and lots of crap. But there is some hope (faint as it may be).

Postmodern Jukebox is a group of highly-talented musicians who take highly-crappy radio songs and turn them into highly-amazing works of art with an old-school feel. They made Izzy Azalea's "Fancy" listenable. That's miraculous stuff right there. And while Maroon 5's "Maps" isn't all that bad lyrically (musically? Different story...), PMJ gave it a 70's Soul makeover and made the song sound like it should have been that way from the jump.

I saw these guys live back in July and I'm going again this coming Sunday. I highly suggest that you take a listen below and tell me I'm wrong for feeling the way I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment